OES acknowledges that financing an independent school education is a financial commitment for every family. OES is affordable for many families through flexible tuition.
Families that choose an independent school place a high value on their child’s education and these values are generally reflected in lifestyle choices that permit the use of discretionary resources for the cost of education.
We believe our community is best served when it is socio-economically diverse.
All families are offered payment plan options, including a monthly payment plan.
Currently, 1 in 5 OES students benefit from paying a flexible tuition.
OES seeks students who will thrive in a challenging academic environment regardless of a family’s ability to pay tuition.
- 父母/Guardians (custodial and non-custodial)
- Step parents (can be combined with parent/guardian as a single household)
- Domestic partners of parents/guardians (can be combined with parent/guardian as a single household)
- In calculating the parent’s/guardian’s ability to pay, the calculated family contribution from both the custodial and non-custodial households will be considered.
- The requirement of non-custodial parent participation may be waived in those instances where it is determined that the non-custodial parent has had little or no contact with the child for a period of at least two years and has not provided financial support during that same two year period. In order to substantiate this lack of contact and support by the non-custodial parent, OES requires a written statement from a non-family member who is aware of the family situation in a professional capacity. This might include the family doctor, teacher, lawyer, member of the clergy, or social worker.
- Families must apply for flexible tuition each year. Even though families can anticipate paying approximately the same 百分比 of tuition each year if their financial situation remains the same, the flexible tuition committee still reviews their file to determine if any adjustments should be made.
Flexible tuition provides need-based tuition assistance similar to many independent schools.
- 学费 for each family is based upon demonstrated financial need and is not connected to merit.
- There is no specific income level at which families qualify for flexible tuition.
- Flexible tuition will be determined by the parent’s/guardian’s ability to pay, not by their willingness to pay.
- 除了收入, a range of factors is considered including, 但不限于, 资产, 负债, and number of children in tuition-charging schools.
- Families seeking a reduced tuition complete an online application through a third party (School and Student Services), and provide supporting financial documents.
- Families that qualify for flexible tuition might also receive assistance with textbooks, 技术, 运输, 还有延长日托.
- Did you know that for many independent schools, 年收入125美元的家庭,000-$200,000 are still considered “middle income” for a family of four?
- If a family requires additional tuition assistance due to a parent's choice to start a business or return to college, income for the parent will be imputed based upon their previous earnings.
- When all children in a family are school-aged and there is no clear reason for a parent not to be working, OES will impute a predetermined income figure into the calculations (decided upon annually, and typically based upon the current minimum wage laws). This allows OES to treat stay-at-home parent and under-employed parent families equitably with families in which both parents work. Certain non-working or under-employed parents who are caring for pre-school age children, 残疾儿童, or other relative in the home may be exempt.
- Other supporting documents can be uploaded to the PFS as “Additional Documents.”
- If you do not have access to a scanner, please email us at flexibletuition@oes.以便网上赌搏网站十大排行能帮助正规赌平台.
- Flexible tuition applications are reviewed by the flexible tuition committee only. Flexible tuition and admissions decisions are considered concurrently and separately.